Quantity Surveyor/ Estimator
- Industry: Construction
- Career: Unspecified
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi
- Salary: AED3001-5000
- Experience: 2 – 5 Years
- Job Type: Full Time
- Gender: Any
- Email: [email protected]
- Street: Unit 703, 7th floor C88 Tower – C Electra Street,
- City: Abu Dhabi
- Listed: October 18, 2018 12:21 pm
- Expires: 24 days, 10 hours
• Checking the specifications, drawings and other related documents in order to take off the quantities required for pricing.
• Coordinates with Marketing Manager if there are lacking documents needed so the latter can request the same to the Client.
• Coordinates with the Marketing Manager for job assignments and submits the daily monitoring report.
• Communicates with the Foremen to have accurate estimate on the maximum productivity of the workers in order to minimize the labor expenses on pricing.
• Coordinates with Accounts Department to clear confusions in segregating the direct and overhead expenses.
• Fill in the standard RFQ template and asks the approval of the Managing Director prior to sending request to procurement officer to float inquiries.
• Coordinate with the procurement officer to float inquiries.
• Uses a standard description for all works, which should be identical for all projects except for casting works.
• Uses a standard ratio for Toilet, Big Rooms and Small Rooms.
• Uses own BOQ should there be no BOQ provided by the Client.
• Identifies labor, material and time requirements by studying proposals, drawings, specifications and other related documents.
• Coordinates and asks approval from the Managing Director on which systems to use on specific projects.
• Computes costs by analyzing labor, material and time requirements.
• Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Prepares material comparison sheet along with the highlighted drawings and specifications and presents to the Managing Director.
• Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information by presenting beside each item the description and drawings to the Managing Director and asks for final price approval from the Managing Director.
• Maintains cost database by entering, updating and backing up data.
• Provide assistance in verifying claims, payments, variations, and contractual issues for the projects.
• Prepares a summary and combine works together should there be a need for 2 QS to work on similar project in order to meet deadlines.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Planswift Knowledge is an advantage