Welcome to Air Arabia, the Middle East and North Africa’s first and largest Low-Cost Carrier (LCC). We fly you to over 155 destinations spread across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, and Europe. We offer you comfort, reliability and value for money air travel across our network and with our value proposition “Where Next”, we help you to fly more often to more places at your own convenience!
Reference No: ABY18-Security Supervisor (India)
Location: Multiple stations in India
Many Positions Open in India
About the job
Based in India, the purpose of this role is to manage and monitor the security functions encountered with Air Arabia daily operations in the respective station ensuring safety, security, and smooth workflow in line with Company’s policies and regulatory requirements. Employs technical and investigation skills to monitor security handling at check-in, baggage handling, and ramp handling areas and control passengers and aircraft searching to minimize risks and eliminate threats.
- Assists the Airport Manager and Security Officer – India in monitoring the Operational and Security functions; ensures compliance of respective station’s handling agents with agreed “Security Measures and Standards” as per Air Arabia policies and procedures laid down in the stations’ operation manual.
- Monitors ramp, airside, check-in, and aircraft restricted and controlled zones ensuring they are safe, secured, and accessed by authorized personnel only.
- access by verifying and checking that airport passes, identification or/and travel documents of passengers, staff, and airport users are being properly carried out by an approved person(s) to ensure eligibility and legality.
- Ensures any necessary physical searches of all personnel passing through the Restricted Zones using provided archway metal detectors are carried out and that manual body searches are undertaken as necessary.
- Ensures a thorough search on all items being carried into the aircraft including handbags using X-Ray and explosive trace equipment as well as manual search. Ensures no prohibited articles are taken into the Restricted Zone that may endanger aircraft, passengers, or crew.
- Responds to and assists the Airport Manager in handling AOG, emergencies, technical delays, disruptions and service recovery with utmost efficiency and control.
- Reports to the “Airport Manager” and Head Office all security incidents/accidents, acts according to approved procedures and completes the appropriate agreed documentation circulated earlier.
- Ensures all “Dangerous Goods” related incidents to respective local authorities and the headquarters immediately.
- Monitors adherence of handling agents to Company’s policies and procedures and to regulatory requirements; supports staff in providing efficient and safe passenger service and guides them in critical complex situations. Reports non-compliance to Airport Manager for corrective measures.
- Monitors the baggage handling system and ensures that tracing of lost luggage is undertaken daily; seeks to resolve related customers’ complaints.
- Conducts necessary investigations to manage unattended luggage reports; compiles necessary reports and forwards to the Airport Manager and Security Officer – India accordingly.
- Ensures security of the held baggage throughout the entire process, checks necessary anti-sabotage checks for baggage prior to loading is conducted as per set standards.
- Escorts valuable cargo or items to ensure their security as necessary.
- Ensures that SLPC (Secondary Ladder Point Checks) are carried out as directed or required; ensure the safe guarding of aircraft on bay.
- Monitors the collections from Excess Baggage, Go Show, Wheelchair, and Seat Sales and reports to Airport Manager any deficiencies; achieves target and provides excellent services.
- Ensures appropriate information is provided to the local authority if required and that all advisories or circulars received from Security and Ground Operations are communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Monitors the GHAs, GSAs performance in terms of security measures; recommends enhancements and changes as necessary to ensure legality and protect Company’s interests.
- Utilizes delay and performance reports and data analysis to monitor customer service, highlight trends, and identify gaps aiming for improvement and solving recurring problems.
- Supports in the audit checks ensuring adherence of respective staff to corresponding standards and set measures and timely closure of findings.
- Represent Air Arabia at a station level in meetings.
- Fulfills other tasks within their competency or ability as directed by the Airport Manager or more senior.
- Performs any other duties or additional responsibilities as advised by the Line Manager.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Higher diploma or equivalent in any discipline would be acceptable for this role.
- Basic Airport Safety and Security procedures training are a must; he/she must undergo refresher training to retrain qualified security staff status.
- “IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations” training or certificate is a must for this role.
- Has no previous criminal conviction.
- Be dynamic and physically fit; capable of handling people and heavy material when needed.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and reports writing.
Good English Language, Arabic Language may be conditional for certain regions.
- Be physically fit.
- Have no previous criminal convictions.
- Be of smart appearance and good bearing
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and to write reports
How to apply for this Position:
You may apply for the position by sending us a copy of your updated resume to [email protected] clearly mentioning in the subject line: ABY18-Security Supervisor (India)